Station: WFMB-FM (the “Station”)
Station Address: 3055 South 4th Street, Springfield, IL 62703
Telephone: (217) 528-3033
Neuhoff Media Springfield, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
- Dates of Contest: WFMB-FM will conduct the contest October 15 – 29, 2012.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- To enter listeners must tune in to 104.5 WFMB weekday mornings October 15 – 19 and October 22 – 26 at 7:15am to hear the Artist of the Day and the song to listen for. Any time the rest of the day that song is played, caller 10 at 217-525-9362 wins a CD by the artist and is a finalist to win the grand prize trip to MusicFest 2012 at Steamboat, Colorado. In addition, a keyword will be given to unlock a registration page on WFMB.com where listeners can register to win a CD from the artist and become a finalist for the grand prize.
- On Monday, October 29, 2012, John & Michele will announce a grand prize winner drawn at random from all finalists on-air and online.
2. Prize. Grand prize includes five nights lodging accommodations based on double occupancy, round trip coach airfare to either Steamboat (HDN) or Denver International Airport (DEN), two (2) 4-day adult lift tickets to Steamboat Resort, two passes to the MusicFest at Steamboat, January 5 – 10, 2013. Prize value: Up to $3500
Prize reservations are based on availability and other promotional conditions. Confirmation of travel must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival. Efforts will be made for air travel to originate from the closest major airport nearest the winners home into Steamboat (HDN) or Denver (DEN). Once flight schedules are approved and ticketed, any changes made are subject to change fees and are to be paid by the passenger. Airfare excludes any baggage or airline fees charged by airline carriers and any such fees will be the sole responsibility of the passengers. The prizewinner may choose to use this vacation package during other dates throughout the 2012/2013 ski season based on availability. Travel dates around holidays and special events are extremely limited and may be blacked out.
If this vacation is used at any other time than during MusicFest 2013, all prizes will be honored except the concert tickets. This prize may not be used during the following blackout dates: Dec. 20, 2012 – Jan. 5, 2013 and Feb. 15 - 24, 2013. This prize is non-transferable, may not be sold, and has no cash value. Meals, transportation, and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Travel not valid after April 14, 2013.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Station and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). Only one (1) finalist qualification per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Employees of the Station(s), McDonald’s USA, LLC or its franchisees or parent company,, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors including McDonald’s, its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of its respective officers, directors, franchisees and employees, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station and are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Station’s release form to claim the prize. The Station may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Station disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Neuhoff Media Springfield, 3055 South 4th Street, Springfield, Illinois, 62703.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.