Hi, I'm Dave Marsh-Program Director and host of "The Ride" home weekday afternoons 3-7p on 104.5 WFMB.
Here's just a little bit about me. I grew up in a tiny little town in Central Wisconsin. Got my degree in Broadcast Journalism at UW-River Falls and have been doing radio in some way shape or form since 1977. I've lived in a variety of locations including Colorado Springs, Lincoln, NE and near Madison, WI. I love radio as a career and the contact we have with the artists.
Hobbies include: Fishing, motorcycles (when I can borrow one), outdoor activities, gardening, landscaping and yard work.
Musical choices: Everything from George Strait to Pink Floyd. Love most kinds of music.
TV: 24, Fringe, House, SciFi-Star Trek and a steady diet of NatGeo, History, Discovery and Science Channels
Sports: Packers, Brewers, Bucks--but I have a healthy respect for the Cardinals
I love hearing from our wayward listeners on line at wfmb.com. Shoot me an email and let me know where you are.
The Skinny on "The Wedding"
» Inside Miranda & Blake's Wedding: Three helicopters. If you're looking to gauge just how momentous a cultural event Saturday's (5/14) wedding between Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton was, there's your measuring stick. Three media choppers were buzzing through the skies over the Don Strange Ranch in Texas as hundreds of family, friends, artists and industry associates celebrated country's most momentous wedding this side of Garth and Trisha.
Security was tight for the ceremony and reception – attendees surrendered their cellphones before being bussed to both locations – and US Weekly has the Lambert & Shelton-approved story and photos. Still, we heard from a number of industry insiders that the joyous occasion was "exactly what you would expect from Miranda and Blake," as one told us.
The ceremony itself, hosted in a well-decorated barn for a "country shabby-chic" effect, was officiated by a Baptist preacher. The reception featured a rousing two-hour performance from Neal McCoy, followed by karaoke that included duets between Reba and Kelly Clarkson and the bride joining Reba to sing "Little Rock." Guests including Martina McBride, Dierks Bentley, Jessi Colter, Charles Kelley, Josh Kelley and the Bellamy Brothers dined on beef tenderloin, gorditas and venison quesadillas. The paparazzi hovering overhead probably had to settle for peanuts.
» Tweet Book: Wedding guests and participants took to the Twitterverse ... once they got their phones back:
» Gig & Rich? Country's John Rich may be on the verge of apprenticing for Donald Trump. So how did he celebrate his elevation to the Celebrity Apprentice's final two contestants? The same way he's approached the entire season – turning the focus to his charity of choice, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. "As soon as I made the final two last night, I sent a formal request to Mr. Trump telling him I have a song I wrote called 'For The Kids,' and that I'd appreciate it if he'd let me perform it on the finale," Rich told us this morning (5/16). "Not only did he agree, but Marlee Matlin will be signing the lyrics as I'm singing them. We'll have kids there from St. Jude singing along and kids who can't hear signing along. It will be a big moment."
- "Hey y'all! I'm back [and] without my sack!" — Blake Shelton (first tweet as a married man)
- "Mrs. Shelton here! Winning!" — Miranda Lambert (first tweet as a married woman)
- "So I went to Miranda Lambert's and Blake Shelton's wedding last night, and it was the greatest wedding I've ever been to! I feel as though they should renew their vows every year and throw a party, as well, because everything about it was awesome! [They're] the cutest couple ever!" — Kelly Clarkson
- "[I'm] just leaving Miranda's and Blake's wedding. It was unreal awesome sauce [and] crazy, crazy fun. Congrats to such a rad couple!" — Josh Kelley
- "Last night I witnessed the union of two of the best people on the planet. [It] was such a beautiful wedding and fantastic party. [I was] honored to be there." — Martina McBride
- "What a wedding and especially a reception! [It was a] beautiful wedding of my friends Blake Shelton & Miranda Lambert. Fun, energetic reception. Best to both of them!" — Neal McCoy
- "Best wedding ever. Ever, ever, ever!" — Ashley Monroe
- "Congrats to Miranda and Blake on their big day! Wonder if Blake will catch hell for changing his last name to Lambert?" — James Otto
- "Best wishes Blake and Miranda." — Brad Paisley
- "Just got back from one helluva party ... I mean wedding. Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Shelton! Luv y'all!" — Kellie Pickler
Rich and Matlin outlasted Lil Jon and Meatloaf in the next-to-last boardroom Sunday night (5/15), and each of the other three contestants told Donald Trump they thought Rich should be one of the final two. "What an endorsement," Rich says. "And trust me, I'm going to bring that up to Donald Trump."
Before he gets the chance, Rich has some business to which he must attend. "The first thing I'm doing this week has nothing to do with Celebrity Apprentice," he says. "Me, Big Kenny and Gretchen Wilson are going to shoot the video for 'Fake ID,' which is the first new Big & Rich single in years. Then I'm off to New York for The View, the Today show, Jimmy Fallon and Piers Morgan on the way to the finale." Tune in to NBC-TV Sunday (5/22) as Rich aims at winning the ultimate $250,000 for St. Jude kids.
» Home Oh-Boy: Josh Turner surprised American Idol finalist Scott McCreery Saturday (5/14) in front of 30,000 fans during McCreery's Garner, NC hometown celebration. "He didn't see me until we were almost face-to-face," Turner said. "I think I almost gave him a heart attack." The pair performed "Long Black Train" and "Your Man," which earned McCreery a ticket to Hollywood during his initial AI audition in Milwaukee. Watch the surprise performance here before the homecoming AI episode airs Thursday (5/19) on FOX-TV.
» Relief News: Totals from last Thursday's Music Builds: The CMT Disaster Relief Concert are TBA as American Red Cross donations are still being accepted online, via text ($10 gift per "REDCROSS" message to 90999) and by phone at 1-800-RED-CROSS (733-27677). Show highlights included victim testimonials read from Big Kenny Alphin, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman. President Obama, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Courtney Cox, Ellen DeGeneres and the American Idol judges were also among the celebrities featured in call-to-action segments. Performers included Hank Williams, Jr. with the Blind Boys Of Alabama, Little Big Town, Sara Evans, Ronnie Dunn, Gretchen Wilson, McGraw, Lady A, Urban, Trace Adkins and Alabama's Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Jeff Cook. Performances are available on demand here. Recap here.
Kenny Chesney, his band, management and bookers will donate earnings from the May 25 Goin' Coastal Tuscaloosa, AL date to GiveTuscaloosa.com. The clearinghouse distributes charity funds to those affected by the April 27 storms. "On this road to recovery, the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater plans to host Chesney May 25 as scheduled," Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox says. "As we respond to one of the worst natural disasters in our state's history, we refuse to let April 27 define our future, and hosting Chesney is another step forward to a new tomorrow." Chesney adds, "This is a great opportunity to bring the people of Tuscaloosa together in a positive way, and we are grateful for the opportunity to help them in this way."
- More Garth Brooks concert dates at the Wynn Las Vegas' Encore Theater have been announced. The $225 tickets go on sale Saturday (4/21) at 10am PT for the run Aug. 19-20; Sept. 9-10, 23-24; Oct. 7-8, 21-22; and Nov. 4-5. Passes will be exclusively available through ticketmaster.com or by phone at 1-877-65-GARTH.
- According to WSMV-TV/Nashville, Vince Gill received an honorary Doctor of Humanities from Nashville's Belmont University over the weekend. More here.
- Kenny Rogers, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban and are among the artists who have contributed autographed memorabilia to the Recording Academy's charity auction benefiting the MusiCares MAP Fund. The initiative works to provide access to rehab and recovery treatment to music community members. Place your bids through May 19 here.
George Strait (5/18)
Tags : Locations : Alabama, Garner, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York, Texas, TuscaloosaPeople : Antebellum, Ashley Monroe, Big Kenny, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Charles Kelley, Courtney Cox, Dierks Bentley, Donald Trump, Ellen DeGeneres, Garth, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Gretchen Wilson, Hank Williams , Jr., Hollywood, James Otto, Jeff Cook, Jessi Colter, Jimmy Fallon, John Rich, Josh Kelley, Josh Turner, Keith Urban, Kellie Pickler, Kelly Clarkson, Kenny Alphin, Kenny Chesney, Kenny Rogers, Lil Jon, Marlee Matlin, Martina McBride, Miranda Lambert, Neal McCoy, Nicole Kidman, Obama, Piers Morgan, Randy Owen, Reba Clarkson, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Scott McCreery, Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, Teddy Gentry, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins, Trisha, Vince Gill, Walt Maddox