Hi, I'm Dave Marsh-Program Director and host of "The Ride" home weekday afternoons 3-7p on 104.5 WFMB.
Here's just a little bit about me. I grew up in a tiny little town in Central Wisconsin. Got my degree in Broadcast Journalism at UW-River Falls and have been doing radio in some way shape or form since 1977. I've lived in a variety of locations including Colorado Springs, Lincoln, NE and near Madison, WI. I love radio as a career and the contact we have with the artists.
Hobbies include: Fishing, motorcycles (when I can borrow one), outdoor activities, gardening, landscaping and yard work.
Musical choices: Everything from George Strait to Pink Floyd. Love most kinds of music.
TV: 24, Fringe, House, SciFi-Star Trek and a steady diet of NatGeo, History, Discovery and Science Channels
Sports: Packers, Brewers, Bucks--but I have a healthy respect for the Cardinals
I love hearing from our wayward listeners on line at wfmb.com. Shoot me an email and let me know where you are.
Country Cares-Red Cross Recap
» Relief News:Last night's Music Builds: The CMT Disaster Relief Concert will re-air on HLN Sunday (5/15) at 9pm ET followed by a Robin Meade-hosted after-show special. Totals from the 90-minute telethon are TBA as American Red Cross donations are still being accepted online, via text ($10 gift per "REDCROSS" message to 90999) and by phone at 1-800-RED-CROSS (733-27677). Show highlights included victim testimonials read from Big Kenny Alphin, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman. President Obama, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Courtney Cox, Ellen DeGeneres and the American Idol judges were also among the celebrities featured in call-to-action segments. Performers included Hank Williams, Jr. with the Blind Boys Of Alabama, Little Big Town, Sara Evans, Ronnie Dunn, Gretchen Wilson, McGraw, Lady A, Urban, Trace Adkins and Alabama's Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry and Jeff Cook. Performances are available on demand here. Recap here.
» Lambert & Shelton Knot Scared?Bride-to-be Miranda Lambert is all a-Twitter leading up to Saturday's (5/14) nuptials with fiancé Blake Shelton. The final aisle countdown began Wednesday (5/11) as she tweeted, "I'm getting married in like four days!" Last-minute items on the @Miranda_Lambert to-do list include a nail touch-up, a final Walmart run and packing the wedding deer cutlets, which Lambert says were "harvested by ... me!"
On the groom's side, Shelton has gone off the grid to enjoy his last few days as a single man. "Hey y'all friends, fans and freaks," he posted Thursday (5/12). "I'm not going to be here for a few days so stir [stuff] up for me while I'm gone. I'm going to get buried." Surely he means "married." Right? Anyway, Blake told us a few days back that he's keeping mum on wedding details out of respect for his better half. "It's one thing when your record company tells you, 'Hey, don't talk about this or that because of these reasons,'" Shelton said. "Sometimes I forget that they say those things, and I'll just blab about it. But it's another thing when your fiancée is Miranda Lambert and she says, 'Hey, don't talk about this or that.' I take that a little more seriously because the wrath is pretty bad."
» Class Of '89 Goes To '11:Congrats to Garth Brooks, who recently earned his MBA from Oklahoma State University. Brooks donned a cap and gown and was honored last week along with the rest of OSU's graduates, many of whom tweeted about the event and posted photos (as shown).
» Tail Lights: Luke Bryan's third album Tailgates & Tanlines will be released Aug. 9, which you may already know if you were obsessively checking his Facebook page Wednesday (5/11). "I'm so excited to be giving my fans new music," Bryan said as he announced details via the social networking site. "Writing and recording this project has been a blast. I feel like I continue to grow in my artistry, and I hope that feeling never goes away. I think being out there on the road so much and seeing what the fans want makes it much clearer for me to know what to give them. I hope they are as excited to hear it as I am to know what they think!" The album's first single "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" is out now.
» Hit List
- Brad Paisley contributes "Nobody's Fool" and the Robbie Williams duet "Collision Of Worlds" to Disney's Cars 2 soundtrack, which drops June 14. The movie hits theaters June 24. Pre-order the soundtrack here and view the movie trailer here.
- The Keith Urban-inspired chair that went missing from the Urban Style salon's storefront in Eau Claire, WI has been returned. According to a salon employee, a man found it outside a bar near the beauty shop and took it back home with him to Milwaukee unaware of the salon's $200 reward and the VIP Urban concert package for its return. When he saw the national news coverage following the missing chair, the man returned it immediately and declined the reward and concert experience.
- Lee Ann Womack, Ashton Shepherd, David Nail and Laura Bell Bundy will participate in the 4th Annual GAC Kick-Off Breakfast June 8 at 7am at Nashville's Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in advance of the CMA Music Festival June 9-12. Tickets and details here.
- Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisley are among the artists scheduled to perform during Good Morning America's 2011 Summer Concert Series. Beginning May 27 with Lady Gaga, performances will be staged every Friday at New York City's Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Details here.
- The Outdoor Channel has renewed Craig Morgan: All Access Outdoors for a second season. Thirteen new weekly episodes will air on the network starting Saturday, June 25. More here.
Tags : Topics : Entertainment_CultureSocial : Entertainment_CultureLocations : Alabama, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York CityPeople : Antebellum, Ashton Shepherd, Big Kenny Alphin, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Courtney Cox, Craig Morgan, David Nail, Ellen DeGeneres, Garth Brooks, Gretchen Wilson, Hank Williams , Jr., Jeff Cook, Keith Urban, Lady Gaga, Laura Bell Bundy, Lee Ann Womack, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Nicole Kidman, Obama, Randy Owen, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Shania Twain, Shelton Knot Scared, Taylor Swift, Teddy Gentry, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins